Donate Now

http://adopttogether.org/thekirklands/

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gotcha day!

She was waiting for us in the office. All bundled up and sitting in a chair. I knelt down in front of her and wiggled her feet and gently patted her legs. Took out her new stuffed bear from her book bag.  Slowly, I sat beside her and stroked her hair.
I really tried to be non-threatening and to gently insert myself into her life. Her nannies had a different approach. They were very excited and would point and say 'mama! Baba!' Then they had her kiss each of us. Even though I wasn't comfortable with them coercing her like this, we just rolled with it.
I eventually got her on my lap and she soon began to cry. A lot was going on around us, and I think she knew she was leaving soon. I rocked her and we cried together. She got pretty loud at one point, and when we left she really got upset. But the Lord instilled such peace in my heart. I knew this was giving me my first opportunity to bond and comfort her. 
The crying lasted a good while. We tried a lollipop, crackers, juice...she would take it all, but still cry.
At this point we were at the notary office. I brought out the bubbles. HA! SUCCESS! She never smiled, but she would pop the bubbles and she stopped crying. After a while, she gave it all up and fell asleep in my arms. Ahhhh....we're gonna be ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment