Donate Now

http://adopttogether.org/thekirklands/

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Who We Are. What We're Doing.

So yesterday I was telling you all about the deeply intellectual and spiritual thoughts I was experiencing right after Lee told me we had been called to adoption:

Errrrr. Ummmmmm. HUH???!!

Fortunately, Lee married a calm, quiet, rational girl, who seldom speaks her mind before processing her thoughts (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)!!! Actually, I did pretty well, and decided to wait this out. If it was a true calling, then I would trust Lee to lead the family, and I would willingly help him in any way I could. AKA: I wasn't bringing this up again!!

Side Note: It's amazing how much more gets done when I sit back and keep my mouth shut!

That very next week Lee began making phone calls, began researching adoption agencies, and signed us up for an informational meeting being held at our church.

And that's how it all started. We've done home study, interviews, on-line computer classes, readings, paperwork, paperwork, oh! and more paperwork!

It's actually gone very smoothly, and we've not run into any major glitches. Just moving happily and steadily along the timeline...I'll share the timeline with you tomorrow. That's where things start to get REALLY interesting!

1 comment: