Donate Now

http://adopttogether.org/thekirklands/

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Happy Gotcha Day!!!

Dearest Ava-Yin,
!!! It's hard to believe it's only/already(?) been 2 years since we traveled to China to meet you and to make you a part of our family.
You were so brave those first few days. I can't imagine what was going on in your little mind. You were only 31/2 years old, and everything you had ever known was being completely taken away from you and off you were ushered into a brand new culture, language, and life, with brand new parents, two older brothers and one little sister. I am still amazed at how well you handled everything thrown your way. 
And now you've been a Kirkland for two years. You started pre-k at home this year, and I'm not surprised at how well you've taken to school! It brings me such joy to see you learning to read and write, and soak in information with such enthusiasm! You and Zoe play and play all day, and it just thrills me to no end that the two of you will never remember life without one another. I pray your relationship grows and flourishes as time continues on.
Your favorite things to do are swimming, Legos, cutting and gluing, and definitely wrestling with daddy!! You love anything girly-finger nail polish, hair bows, high heels (yikes!) 
We love you so much, little girl. I am so proud of all you are and have overcome. My prayer is the Lord continue to knit our hearts together so you never doubt our 
love for you. We love being your parents!! HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment